The Shailer Park Scout Den is located in the suburb of Cornubia (near Loganholme, Logan City), on Anakie Drive. The Den offers a large open space with male/female toilets, chairs,tables, kitchen and data projection facilities. A large flat grassed park area perfect for outdoor activities is out front of the den.
The Den is often used by sporting groups (yoga, karate etc), training and product days and special events (sorry no 18th and 21st parties).
The Den is available on most week days and weekends. It is unavailable Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights during school terms as these are Scout nights.
Car parking is on Anakie Drive and along the driveway leading up to the Den.
Our requirements of hiring:
- Your group or organisation must have their own Public Liability Insurance that is current (as we can not hire the den without this).
- Your group must be willing to enter into a Property Hire Agreement with Scouts Association of Australia – Queensland Branch – this is not a lease.
- Access is non-exclusive and is limited to access and use of the main Den plus use of kitchen facilities (including crockery and utensils) , tables, chairs, toilets and parade grounds but does not include any other equipment, trailer or canoes that is the property of Shailer Park Scout Group unless with prior written agreement.
- Excessive noise and unruly behaviour are not permitted at any time. All noise audible to neighbours must cease between 10 pm and 8 am.
- The user accepts full responsibility for the health, safety and behaviour of any person in the user’s group and shall take such precautions as reasonably necessary to prevent loss, injury or damage to any person or property.
- The property must be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Electric lights and appliances will be turned off when not in use.
- Loss or damage to property must be reported and paid for.
- Alcohol shall not be brought onto the property without prior written consent from the Shailer Park Scout Group in accordance with Scouting Policy and having demonstrated compliance with Queensland Liquor Licensing legislation and any Logan City Council rulings.
- On the day of departure, the user is responsible for cleaning out the den, washing dishes, and placing all rubbish in the bin.
- Officers of Shailer Park Scout Group shall be permitted access to the Den at any time.
- The user agrees to absolve Scouts Queensland, Shailer Park Scout Group and any of its committee, leaders or members from any responsibility for death or injury and any loss or damage to property that may occur as a result of this agreement.
Please be advised that we are unable to hire the den out to any political or religious groups and to 18th and 21st birthday parties.
Hiring donation fee:
- Upfront – $50 security/cleaning and key bond (1 key) – which is refundable pending inspection of the den all after the term of agreement and return of key.
- The first four hours is $50 (this is the minimum).
- The fee is $15 per hour for each subsequent hour after the first four hours
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for den hiring.